Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Box #2 contents!


I still can't believe Doro is finding enough strawberries out there for everyone to at least have a MUNCH... I only see a few red ones every time I am down there transplanting, weeding, watering, or applying compost! I'd thought our last berries were on the plants several weeks ago... but its nice that she stuck with digging around there on Wednesday mornings! She must have the magic eye...

Also, don't forget to keep your baskets, and the plastic and egg cartons within. I only have enough to spot everyone for about four weeks tops; ideally, we'd get the same ones back over and over again, to clean and keep re-circulating!

Email me if you have any questions or usage tips! BTW, the bagged greens are fully rinsed, while everything else is superficially rinsed... just be aware. This will be the case for every share until the end -- if its not in a zip lock bag, go ahead and assume its not been fully rinsed. Some things deteriorate more quickly after am overly thorough rinsing -- for example, the radishes. Many know if they've not been treated with pesticides, the leaves can be diced and used in a salad (for peppery effect).

BTW, if you ever get a conserve from me that ends up being totally NOT up you and your family's alley -- would you please, without regret or remorse, bring it back to me in the next week or so? Every conserve that I include in the share is something I (and many times also, my wife and kids) busted our butts to put up in the basement pantry last fall and winter. Its usually also stuff that we really enjoy eating =) So, if this applies to you, kindly bring the prepared stuff back to us, rather than it go to waste!

Finally, good job bringing in the old baskets/etc. today!!! We had about an 80% success rate with that, and it will allow us to consistently be sustainable = reusing as much as possible). Don't forget to comment here, if you have a recipe or just some simple preparation advice around any of this week's deliciousness!

1 comment: